SCHNABLE LAKE FAMILY CAMPGROUND RULES
IF YOU ARE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PARK FOR BREAKING OUR RULES, NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
1. SLFC may add, delete or modify the rules in order to operate the campground in a safe and effective manner for all involved. A current set of rules will always be posted on the bulletin board in the store/office and will supersede any previous rules. The new changes will also be included in the monthly newsletter.
2. STORE: Please note the store hours are posted on the door or in the news letter, these will change during the season to accommodate our campers. (Please conduct campground business during the office hours only.)
3. QUIET HOURS: 10:00 P.M. to 8 A.M. Sunday through Thursday and 11:00 P.M. to 8:00 A.M. Friday and Saturday. Special event weekends and holiday weekend will be extended till 12:00 (midnight). Children should be on their own lot at dusk or with a parent. We are asking all campers to not roam the campground after curfew. Returning to and from restrooms or to your campsite is acceptable. Please do this quietly. No loud carts allowed after dark.
4. ALL VISITORS MUST LEAVE THE PARK AT 10:00 P.M. ON WEEKDAYS AND 11:00 P.M. ON WEEKENDS UNLESS APPROVED BY MANAGEMENT.
5. VISITORS: Please advise your guest or company of the rules, as you will be held responsible for their actions.
6. EXTRA VISITORS/FAMILY: No extra visitors/family with campers staying on seasonal lot, ONLY ONE tent shall be allowed at the rate of $10.00 per night. All camping units must be on a lot (pop-up/travel trailer ect.) *Parents are responsible for the action and safety of their children. Only adult family members that stay with you on a regular basis and listed on this contract will be allowed to stay overnight in your trailer. All others will need prior consent from management. All persons listed on the SEX OFFENDER LIST are to be registered at the office. If you fail to report them YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE PARK AND FORFIET ALL MONIES PAYED. The list will be checked regularly. If a family member is listed, they may visit you (No overnight stay) on your site ONLY with prior consent of management. They will not be allowed/permitted to use any campground services (restrooms, beach, game room ect.). This is a FAMILY campground and illegal for them to be here unattended.
7. LOT RENT: Lot rent is due no later than March 1st prior to the camping season. The camping season starts on May1st and ends on Oct 1st . If paid after the 15th of March a $150.00 late fee will be added on and a $50.00 per month payment is due until May 1st. If not completely paid for by the beginning of the season (May 1) the current daily rate of camping will be added per day and will continue until the balance is paid in full. If not paid in full by July 1st of the current camping season, you will be asked to pull your trailer out and forfeit any monies already paid. Payment arrangements are available throughout the winter months. If you decide to terminate your seasonal stay or are asked to leave the park due to non-payment or breakage of rules you will be charged the daily rate from the time you entered the park until the time of your departure. You will not be entitled to receive the discounted seasonal rate as this was given in good faith that you would remain a seasonal for the indicated seasonal period.
To guarantee your lot for the following season the winter fee must be paid no later than September 15th . WINTER FEE $150.00 PER SITE, PER YEAR. Late fee of $50.00 per month until paid or site will become available for rent as of Oct 2nd.
Schnable lake family campground has the right to refuse any payment in which unit must be removed by Oct 1st.
8. ELECTRICAL BOXES: No one may open electrical boxes, no matter what the problem is. Inform management of all electrical problems. Anyone plugged to another box besides their own will be asked to leave the campground. You must be properly plugged into the electrical box, if you are not you will be disconnected and your box locked until you have the right connection for the box. If the electrical box shorts out because of being improperly plugged in – you will be responsible for the cost of repairs prior to your box being fixed. If you are not sure if you have the correct plug in, please see management.
9. ELECTRIC BILLS: You are responsible to read your electric meter. Meters are to be read no later than the first of the month and paid by the 15th of the month. If you have a past due electric bill (over 30 days) a disconnect notice will be given, IF NOT PAID WITHIN 30 DAYS A LOCKOUT WILL BE PUT ON YOUR METER. End of season meter readings will be mailed and due within 30 days of closing (Oct 1st).
10. SITE VISIT FORM: If there are any violations/problems that need attention, a verbal warning will first be given with an expected time frame for completion. If not corrected a written warning will be issued with a definite time frame for completion. If corrections are not made an eviction notice will be given. If you receive three separate warnings regarding the same problems in one season an eviction notice will be given. Your unit will be removed from the park at owners expense.
11. DROP BOX: All requests must be made in writing. Any questions, concerns etc. must be written and placed in the Drop Box. Management will address any issues during the store hours. Personal issues will be handled after store hours at the store, which a time will be given.
12. PARKING: Please respect others lots and do not park on them . You don’t know when the office might rent that lot out. Only two seasonal vehicles parked on a lot or space that is allowed, other vehicles parked on your lot are to be short-term. Please use overflow upper parking when needed. Please direct your guest to visitor parking when needed. If you do not have room on your own lot to park your vehicle, you must park at the top in the over flow parking. No seasonal campers are allowed to park their vehicles in the lower visitor parking, unless approved by management.
13. MOWING/UPKEEP: Seasonal campers are responsible for the upkeep of their trailers, dock, and lot. If we are required to trim around your dock or lot a $25.00 fee will be charged. If we are required to mow your lawn a $35.00 fee will be charged. (Sign up at the office if you need this done). ** Any alterations to your lot, trailer, porch/deck or shed must be pre-approved by management.
14. HOLDING TANKS: All campers may empty their own tanks at the dumping station located on top of the hill. If caught dumping anywhere other than the dumping station this will result in being asked to leave the campground and forfeiting all fees paid. However, we have a large HONEY WAGON with a pump and will pump any tank on Tuesday or Thursday (except on a holiday). Pumping on any other day than Tuesday or Thursday is a fee of $25.00. ALSO if you do not use chemicals you will not be pumped. A clear path is required to your hold tank in order to be pumped. If items are in the way of your holding tank and are not able to be pumped you will still be required to pay for that pump. You must pay for your prior pump before you will be pumped again if it was charged. It is also required that you either have a gray water tank or a seepage pit for your grey waste water. You will be informed of which one you will need and this is a state requirement. If a gray water tank is needed it will be emptied when you sign up for a pump or you may empty it yourself at the dumping station ONLY. If violated you will be responsible for the state imposed fine, if not corrected you will be asked to leave the park and forfeit all fees paid. To be pumped you must either sign up in the office or put a note in the mailbox located next to the office door . We will not guarantee that you will be pumped if you tell us in person outside of office hours. Any additional pumps due to problems with your system will be charged as an emergency pump. If we are unable to access your camper your system will not be flushed. The cost to pump is $9.00. You must pay for and schedule pumping 24 hour in advance or will it be considered an emergency. Emergency pumps are $25.00.
15. DUMPSTER: The dumpster is not for wood, metal, barbeque grills, paint cans, carpet, construction material, furniture of any kind, etc. it is for household items “normal garbage” only. Fines will be imposed to those that violate this rule. Do not bring your trash from home ect. This is for campground trash only. Do not throw trash on top of or beside container, it only takes a few seconds to open the lid and throw the trash inside, so please refrain from throwing it on top of a closed lid or on the side that is already to full. Help keep the park clean!
16. PETS: Must be kept on a leash at all times, and the leash must be six feet or shorter when outside. Do not leave your pet unattended. Excessive barking or aggressive behavior of pets will not be tolerated. Pets are NOT allowed in the beach area or bathrooms. You MUST CLEAN UP AFTER THEM – droppings must be picked up immediately and disposed of in a sealed plastic bag. Violation of the rule can result of your pet not being allowed in the park. Please walk your dog(s) is areas where campers are not going to camp.
17. SPEED LIMIT: Park speed limit is 10 MPH
18. GOLF CARTS: Golf carts must have a copy of the proof of insurance in the office. Please inform you insurance company that you will be using the golf carts at the campground. If golf carts are caught in the tent area, trails, etc. you will lose your golf cart privileges. You must be 15 years (with a permit) or older to operate them. No children sitting on the lap of a driver pretending to drive or actually driving is allowed. Everyone must be seated on the golf cart comfortably. A typical golf cart will seat four adults or two adults with three small children. Golf carts can be driven to and from restrooms with lights. No golf carts are to be driven while intoxicated. Violation of the rule can result in losing your golf cart privileges. Speed limit of 10 mph. applies to golf carts also.
19. TRAILERS: Refer to the Rules/Standards for Trailers.
20. BIKES, SCOOTERS & SKATEBOARDS: They are not to be ridden through campsites, down the stairs, or through the walkways. No dirt bikes, four wheels ect are allowed in the park. No riding after dusk. If this rule is violated you will lose your privileges.
21. WALK PATH: You must stay on designated walk paths. There is a walk path it is used for walking only. No golf carts, bikes, etc. and no sitting on the rails. Please do not litter and respect the park.
22. ALCOHOL: Alcoholic beverages are restricted to CAMPSITES ONLY. NO ONE LESS THAN 21 YEARS OF AGE IS PERMITTED TO DRINK. EXCESSIVE DRINKING AND BELLIGERENT BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND ASKED TO LEAVE THE PARK WITH NO REFUND OF MONEY.
23. DRUGS: Only prescribed medications are allowed, all others will be considered as drugs and are not permitted. Violators will be prosecuted. Medical marijuana is not permitted in the park.
24. FIREWORKS: There are no fireworks of any kind allowed on your lots at anytime. We offer a designated time and place for legal fireworks during the 4th of July, with this being the only time that legal fireworks are allowed in the park.
25. RESTROOMS: Anyone under the age of (8) eight must be accompanied by an adult. There is to be NO SMOKING in the restrooms or service buildings.
26. BOATS: No wake/trolling motors only. Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult (exception – proof of a boater license) and wear a life jacket at all times. No boats in the swim area. Rental boats are not to be jumped on, used to dive off, or abused in any way. If you have a boat trailer here, they need to be parked in the top overflow parking area. If your boat is pulled out of the water and remains out of the water for over a year by the boat docks – management will move it and claim it as abandoned, unless we were notified of why it is no longer being used and moved to your lot or on a boat trailer.
27. DOCKS: Docks must be at least 30” wide and 10’ between docks to allow for boats on either side of each dock. Please post your lot number on your dock and docks must be shared. If a dock is not maintained for a period of time and no lot numbers are displayed, it will be assigned out to someone who is in need of one. All docks must be maintained and safe. An adult must accompany children under eight on the docks and wear a life jacket at all times.
28. SELLING TRAILERS: If your trailer is over the 25 year age limit please contact management. If you are selling to an interested party please inform them of this rule. This rule also applies if leaving your trailer to another family member. If you are occupying a boat dock, it will not go with trailer sale.
29. AGE OF TRAILERS: Any trailer reaching the 25 years age limit must be checked and approved by management before a new lease will be signed. A new lease will only be given if unit is clean and in good condition.
30. PORCHES: You must stay within the boundaries of your lot. (electric box to electric box). A drawing must be submitted and approved by management. The outside must have T1 11 or vinyl siding and be at least 80% windows or screens. The porch can be no wider than 10’ no longer than the trailer and no more that 16” above the trailer roof. Porches must be portable and not a permanent fixture. If a building inspector or DEQ comes out (which they have the right) and decides that your added addition is permanent or looks like an added room instead of a porch they will have a right to fine you and to have you redo or tear down. Remember if you add on to your unit and don’t leave enough space for parking, you will be walking to the overflow parking to get your vehicle.
31. OWNERS RIGHTS: SLFC has the right to refuse all services to anyone. We also have the right to refuse your winter storage for the up coming season, therefore, your camping unit, deck, etc. must be removed from your lot by Oct 1st.
SCHNABLE LAKE FAMILY CAMPGROUND SEASONAL RULES AND LEASE
Any person/persons violating the rules will hold harmless Schnable Lake Family Campground and employees and officers of said company. If any damages to SLFC property results from violations of these rules said camper will be held accountable for the cost of said damages and repairs. If asked to leave the park it will result in forfeiting all fees paid.
Each lot will receive a set of rules. You will be responsible for your own family and visitors. You must inform your family and visitors of the campground rules. Let’s keep the campground running smoothly and enjoyable to everyone.
We, as a family has read, agreed and understand the above rules. I will inform my family members and visitors of said rules and oversee that they are adhered to. This information will not be shared with anyone other than management of Schnable Lake Family Campground.
Signature of Seasonal Camper(s) Lot Number:________
Phone Number________________________Cell #_______________________
Name of people that stay with you on a regular basis “at least once a week or more”
Please provide and emergency phone number for us to use as a contact for your family.
lick to add text, images, and other content